Firstly, I have never done a face chart before and I really enjoyed it. Although applying make-up to paper is so different to skin because it reacts differently and creates a new texture.
When doing the face charts we had the Elizabethan idea in mind. So it was supposed to be initial ideas for our contemporary Elizabethan make-up design.
On the left of this face chart I am using a complementary colour palette. I chose the colours yellow and purple because I think when used together but subtly they can look really beautiful.
On the right of the face chart is a monochromatic colour palette. I chose Orange because it was really popular hair colour during the Elizabethan period. I also used the idea of the egg white process to create a thick paste to apply to the eyebrows and lips. Therefore adding a 3D effect to the face.
On the left of this face chart is an analogous colour palette. I have been using a lot of green in my work already so I went for 3 shades of green. I used a yellow- green on the inner eye and worked my way to a dark blue-green to create a tropical looking eye.
The right face chart is a neutral colour palette. For this one I wanted the face to look really plain. So I did a smoky eye along with the egg white technique around the face and on the lips and eyebrows. I did this so I could really combine the techniques I had learnt so far but also to create that contemporary Elizabethan look.
No comments:
Post a Comment