Sunday, 10 November 2013

Photo shoot.

Approaching this course from an artistic perspective with a photographic eye enables me to bring that to a photo shoot. Whereas Make-up and hair is completely new to me. I feel like I thought about the hair design a lot more in my final photo shoot because I wanted the whole of the model to encapsulate the idea I was going for.
I researched a lot of mermaid images because I already had the idea of envy being related to green but I wanted to add more to the character in the image. I think the Make-up in both images turned out really well. During the time I was making up my model the fact that the paint splatters around the eye were intense and then the spread apart and faded more towards the hairline, I was told, made the make-up look like bubbles. I already had the idea of covering the face in green chiffon to add to the mermaid effect but I didn't realise how much my final images would look like my model was underwater.
I wanted to make sure that in at least on of my images the make-up was visible. I realise that the make-up looks like a mask and this was intentional. I feel like ENVY is an emotion that a lot of people are ashamed of and don't necessarily want to be unveiled or seen. So the idea that the mask covers people from their angry or envy. The chiffon in the first image doubles up as either the water effect or the veil of envy that cannot be lifted from the model.
I thought these ideas gave character to my model and added tension to her face because I could give that storyline as incentive and inspiration for poses. 
I also really love the contrast in greens that have come from images. I realise that the green looks different in real life than to how it does on the camera so I had to be careful because the original emerald colour is not conveyed.
One last thing I love about my both my images is the shape. The chiffon creates such beautiful shapes within the image. I found that when taking these images I thought a lot about composition and the rule of thirds. In both images the model is off centre and to the right. I think that allows shape for the chiffon to trail away, this effect was given by the hair dryer. I also love the contouring that has been created in the first image just by the way the chiffon hits her nose.






No comments:

Post a Comment