Having done contouring using skin colours I was really excited to use colour matching and experimenting with the colour wheel.
I was the demo student so although I didn't see the demonstration I could feel where she was putting things on my face and how she depicted certain areas... SO RELAXING!
One thing I need to learn is blending... Using contrasting colours means that when you are putting the initial layer on it looks messy and silly. So being able to blend the colours together and make sure they are soft on the face is something I need to work on.
I loved the use of the paints on the face because they really made it stand out and highlighted certain areas that looked too hidden.
UNDERSTANDING THE FACE! This is such a big part of the course because you have to feel and understand the face to know where you are putting the colours, especially when it comes to contouring.
Demo
Before
After
I found that my orange wasn't as bright as I wanted it to be so I didn't get the desired effect but I found the contouring a little easier the second time round. I just find it so hard to sometimes make the face look symmetrical.
I had fun giving it a go... Practise makes perfect.
No comments:
Post a Comment