Monday, 28 October 2013

Contouring

Contouring is one of those things that looks so easy to create but when you are the one with the brush in your hand it is beyond hard.
I never truly realised how much colour matching and face touching would be involved with contouring but there is a lot.

For this experiment I did my base as usual, however I didn't apply it thick enough so when it came to contouring the skin, the blemishes made it hard. So I need to use more and conceal the skin fully.
So I ended up doing the base twice!
I then used the same colour that I used for my concealer as my highlighter colour, this looked really nice as the skin looked even and not all patchy with colours and I managed to get it symmetrical. I then did my contouring but I didn't make the original colour dark enough so I had to do that twice as well. I wanted to really enhance the cheekbones.
Lastly, I added the blushers. I used a oil based Illamasqua that was really bright so I had to spread that on my hand first so my model didn't look like a clown. The I used a softer pink powder blusher and went over it. Then powdered.
I think for a first attempt it went well. But I just need to practise and as I do it more I can more the colours and the lines more extreme.



My hand at the end of the session... Covered in colour.



No comments:

Post a Comment