Today we learnt an Elizabethan skin regime using egg whites and a white paint.
I put a base on Georgie as usual.
I then whisked an egg white and began applying it on top of the base in downward long strokes. I did two layers to make sure it was thick.
I then added the white paint to the mixture and started applying that, I did several layers of this.
As you can see, when it dries it makes the skin incredibly tight and hard to move. The forehead also cracked a little.
Women used this method during the Elizabethan period to make themselves pale. as fair skin was seen as beautiful. However it just shows that women during that period must have had really crusty skin and probably didn't smile very much.
Although I may not use this technique in my final idea I may use the idea of layering a particular texture to give the desired effect.
No comments:
Post a Comment