Monday, 28 October 2013

Test shoot.

The test shoot...

I was a little nervous about the test shoot because obviously we aren't very far into the course and I was wondering where to get my direction from. But it turned out to be a success, I feel like being self directed was a lot easier, but I had some tips from people about ideas or improvements.

I went with the idea of ENVY... I love the colour green because there are so many beautiful shades and I thought giving the shoot an emotion would make it easier to direct my model. With envy come anger, resentment and passion so I thought these were good motives for poses.

I fiddled with the lighting and one thing I did find very difficult to balance was the fact that the make-up I had chosen was very detailed and I wanted it to stand out and look darker in areas but if I turned down to brightness of the soft box it made the photographs look dull and dirty. So I experimented with turning them up and I got beautiful results with the skin and the cleanliness of the shot but the make-up wasn't as defined.

The design aspect of my make-up was following along the lines of the multi-coloured make-up I did on myself because I thought it was different and exciting. I created a mask effect because I feel like envy is an emotion that a lot of people try to hide or mask, sort of like an alter ego. So the idea of my model being masked by the envy was something I wanted to emphasise.

But here is what came out of my test shoot....






I am really pleased with how the photographs came out.
I LOVE THE CLAWS! From this I am going to develop my ideas and think about darkening the make-up to try and contrast with the brightness of the image. But I just really want to emphasise the claws. I realised after I had done this shoot that my model looked a lot like a mermaid so I am going to look into that more and perhaps develop the hair and experiment with a fishtail plait.


(Pre-shoot image)

No comments:

Post a Comment