Having looked at how to create an Elizabethan look we then had an insight into what a contemporary Elizabethan would like. I think this was helpful because I had a lot of ideas for my final outcome but I was unsure on how to channel them into the Elizabethan theme. As you can see we were given this image of Lily Cole and asked to mimic her look. I found I could straight away depict which elements were Elizabethan and which were contemporary. The skin is again very pale but Lily Cole is naturally fair so the look suited her. For my imitation of the look I used the Illamasqua rich liquid foundation but I added a natural skin tone to it so my model didn't look completely washed out. I whitened the eyebrows and made sure I didn't put any mascara on my model as I know Elizabethan's didn't wear a lot of eye make-up, if any at all.
I enjoyed being able to put my new lip technique into practise. Although I didn't really enjoy the colour, I love using colour way too much.
I feel like being able to see the contrast in the two Elizabethan looks has really opened my eyes about how much make-up has changed over the years. But yet when they two eras are collaborated how exciting the looks can be. If I were to something different in this session it would be to have perhaps tried harder to put more detail into the lips. I feel the quality could have been better.

No comments:
Post a Comment