Wednesday, 4 December 2013

Lip workshop





I have never really been a massive lover of lipstick on myself because I hate looking too made up. But after doing this workshop I wanted to buy as many lipsticks as possible! I had a go myself but I think I still need to practise, but I didn't realise how many different ways there were to create an interesting lip. Learning the proper technique on how to create the perfect lip was so helpful:

·     ·         Creating the perfect lip is all about precision and a steady hand. You will need to use a lip liner and a lip stick/gloss or work from a lip palette.
·         Again, using a puff to rest on ensures that you don’t smudge your foundation.
·         Before you begin ask your model to tilt their head so you can get a better angle when you are applying the lip liner.
·         The lip liner colour needs to be a shade darker than the lip colour you are going to use.
·         If you are using a pencil then make sure it is sharp because then your line will be more precise and neat.
·         Using a pencil start at the corner of the mouth and slowly edge your way up the lip until you reach the cupids bow. It is best to be light in case you go wrong.
·         You then repeat the same motion on the other side of the mouth.
·         When you come to doing the bottom lip if you ask your model to tight their lips over their teeth it makes it easier to follow the line on the lip.
·         You can also turn the pencil on its side so it is a smoother line.
·         It can be effective if you use the lip pencil to colour in the lip because you can just use a gloss over the top or it acts as a base for your lip colour.
·         For hygiene reasons never apply a gloss or lipstick straight onto the lips, always use a lip brush as it prevents anything spreading.
·         Then using your lip brush apply the colour to the top lip by starting at the corner of the lip and brushing upwards. Then stroke diagonally when you do the cupids bow area.
·         Then for the lower lip just dab the colour on and then stroke backwards and forwards.
·         You can create a matte or powder look by putting a tissue over the lips and just dabbing powder onto the tissue and it gets rid of the stickiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment